Saturday, August 31, 2013

Welcome Kynslie Della Smith!

Our beautiful baby girl Kynslie Della was born
Wednesday August 28 at 7:36am!
7lbs 6oz
20in

Here is her birth story!
The night before we had taken our kids to my mother in laws for a sleep over 
seeing that we had to be at the hospital at 5am the next morning.

I was so excited for her to get here that the night before the c section
I slept from 10pm-midnight and then couldn't sleep after that...
I finally gave up trying to sleep at 1am so I hopped in the 
shower and got ready for the arrival of our baby girl!

We were so excited that we were able to pick August 28th for her birthday
because it is my Grandma's 98th birthday as well! 
My Grandma is so special to me, I grew up with her living in my house
and I shared a room with her until I was 14 years old. Grandma called me her 
shadow because I followed her everywhere and she loved that I did!
It has been awesome to see that Grandma has remembered for the last 
few months that my baby would be born on her birthday. Grandma is forgetting 
a lot these days so her remembering this is a big deal and it was a big deal for her!
It meant even more to my Grandma when I told her
that Kynslie's middle name would be Della after her mother! You see her mom
passed away on her fifth birthday and Grandma has had a lot of sadness around her birthday... Her daughter Janet died of polio when she was 2 I believe it was just the day before Grams birthday and then her husband died just a week before her birthday. So the fact that she now gets to have a very happy thing
on her birthday is a big deal for her!
I am so blessed to have a Grandma like her in my life and I am so glad I was able to 
give her such an amazing birthday gift!

Back to Kynslies story...
At 4:40am Trent and I got in our car to head to the hospital. As many of you
know I have been horribly sick this whole pregnancy and apparently Kynslie wanted to 
make sure she made Mommy sick one more time! We had to pull over on the freeway for me to vomit! And I was like seriously?!?!
We made it to the hospital and got checked in (Feeling horribly nauseated the whole time during check in!)
Everything was going text book and we were just so excited!

They let me walk back to the OR where they put the spinal in and of course as soon as it
was in I started dry hacking and they gave me double the amount of nausea meds that they normally give 
and thankfully I didn't vomit but it was a very close call!

They started the c section and with in 15 mins Kynslie was here!!
She started crying immediately and she looked HUGE to me! She had so much more hair than my other kids! They weighed her and wiped her 
off really quick and then for the first time I was able to actually hold my baby on my skin in the OR! 
It was an amazing experience to me, my other two babies were taken away and out of the OR
about 5 mins after they were born and I only got to touch them.

We got back to the recovery room and right there in the room they gave Kynslie her bath and
did all the normal newborn stuff and about 20 mins later I got to nurse her! I LOVED IT! 
Like I said my other 2 were taken away and I didn't get to see them for almost 2 hours and here
I was nursing my baby who couldn't have been more than 45 mins old! 
I LOVE this hospital for me Timp hospital has been at least a 100 times better than my
experiences at AF IHC hospital!
Kynslie was so alert and nursed so well! I am so in love with her! 












Grandma with her birthday present! :)




























2 comments:

  1. You actually got dad to hold her?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She is adorable! I'm so glad everything went well for you. What a neat story that she gets to share a birthday with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete