Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Trip to KY

Trent and I decided I needed to fly out
to Kentucky to help find our home.
The second week in August I headed out to Kentucky.

Once I landed I got my rental car and drove to where
Trent had been staying. The Stake president and his wife (the porters)
opened their home to Trent and we are so grateful to them!








We spent our first night at the Porters who happened to
be out of town. We made a plan for the next few days and then went
to bed to get ready for the marathon of house hunting...



The first day I was there I met with some people in the
New Albany ward and they gave me a ton of helpful advise and
gave us the number of a builder that might be able to help us out.

Turns out that after 2 days of very unsuccessful house hunting
we decided to build with Lynn homes and picked out a lot
and house plan! Bob of Lynn homes was able to guarantee us a
home to rent while ours was being built!

We went and did some sight seeing on Saturday and was
able to see the Louisville Temple and just be together!


Meanwhile, back in UT my mother in law and my mom took great care of my kids who all ended up getting Hand, Foot and Mouth disease
while I was gone :(

Sunday we went to church, had lunch with the porters then I
went to the airport to catch my flight.


I am so glad I went and was able to find housing, see Trent
and get a better feel of the area I would be moving to.


No comments:

Post a Comment