Tuesday, November 3, 2015

ROAD TRIP TO INDIANA!

It took us 2.5 days to get to IN.
The kids did GREAT this day, the girls were with me 
and my Mom in the mini van and Owen was 
with Trent in the moving truck.





The first day we made it to a little town called Limon, CO.
We got there about 1 am and were a little worried that
we wouldn't be able to find a place to stay.
All the chain hotels/motels were completely booked, but we found
a mom and pop motel and stayed there. It was such a cute and clean place to stay! It even had a playground for kids and a cool pool area (that we didn't use but looked neat.)

The second day I had Owen, Kynslie and my Mom in
the mini van and they did GREAT!





That night we made it to some random city in Missouri and once
again stayed in a clean mom and pop Motel!
That morning Trent took off in the moving truck like 3 hours
before us and my Mom and I kept all the kids with us this day.
On this final day the kids once again exceeded my expectations and had
done GREAT!




We made it to our rental home by about 7pm to a completely chaotic
environment. The ward here in IN had met Trent at 5:30 and had the truck pretty much unloaded by the time we got there, which was amazing! It just meant that I hadn't been there to let people know which
room stuff went in and it was SOOOOOO disorganized and overwhelming. After the men from our new ward left and I had put the
kids to bed I had a complete melt down. I don't even know how long I cried. I melted down for multiple reasons like , messy house, no refrigerator, long 3 days of driving, moving across the country and missing everyone we had left in UT. Anyway, I got over it and my mom, Trent and I got the house in order over the next couple days.
I am so grateful my mom came with us!











No comments:

Post a Comment