Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ode to Owen! Happy 1st Bithday!

It's hard to believe that a year has passed since Owen was born.
This time last year I had only seen Owen for like 30 seconds and his Daddy was in the nursery with him while He was getting checked out.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.
Owen came into this world earlier than he should have
and through a c section because I had pre eclampsia.
He was such a cute newborn! He had a perfect(and big) head
because he didn't have to take the journey through the birth canal.
(However I wish he had taken that journey:) )
I remember just looking at him and loving this
little blob so much that it took all
my will power to not cry and to let other people hold him
and to let the Doctors and Nurses do their checkups on him.
I don't think I have shared this moment on the blog but I will now.


Owen was born on a Wednesday and on Thursday night I
told Trent to go home and sleep because he had to work the next day
and you don't get sleep in the hospital.
I can't tell you how many people told me to
take advantage of the nurses and the nursery at night
and to send my beautiful baby to them so I could get some sleep.
So... on that Thursday night after Trent had gone home and
I had fed Owen and taken some pain pills I hesitantly called the nurses in.
When the nurse came in to take Owen I asked her about 15 times
to make sure he was ok because he had choking problems
and that I wanted to nurse him and to NOT give him a bottle.
(The whole time I was talking to the nurse I was holding back tears)
The nurse could tell I was having a hard time letting
him go so she promised she would keep him at the nurses station with her.
And so I sent my baby off... after about 5 minutes I tried
calling my husband to see if he got home ok because
he was so tired and he didn't answer his phone!
So after about literally 30 phone calls
Trent called me back and I just burst into tears.
I have never cried that hard in life!
I cried that both my boys were gone,
that I didn't know how Owen was,
What if Owen was choking?
What if he needed to eat?
What if he needed to be held?
What if he needed a diaper change?
What if he needed his mommy?
I was so upset and crying that it took Trent 30 minutes
to calm me down and convince me to have them bring Owen back to me.
So I called the nurse and she brought me Owen and
as soon as Owen was in my arms
I feel asleep and slept great until he wanted to eat :)
Moral of my story... I didn't know I could love my baby that much!
Oh and don't let people tell you what they think is best,
you keep your baby with you if you want to!

Enough of the reliving his actual birthday!
Owen is becoming such a big boy!

May 20, 2009



July 2009



Nov 2009


April 2010

May 2010




Some of the stuff he is up to is....

  • Getting into EVERYTHING! - He opens all the drawers, dumps out all his toys, gets into the dryer and unloads it while I am trying to load it.
  • Walking around furniture and walls and anything else he can stand up to.
  • Climbing up stairs
  • Going under things now ie the table, chairs, and beds.
  • He loves playing with Bryce! - He follows Bryce everywhere and talks to him the whole time Bryce is around him :)
  • He naps best in his bed!
  • He took his first step on Tuesday but I don't really think he knew what he was doing:)
  • He loves his Mommy ALOT!
  • Owen loves being outside and looking at everything!
  • His favorite ride at Disneyland is "It's a small world!"
  • When I put gel in his hair it is all curly! :)
  • He says the following words
  • This
  • That
  • More
  • No
  • Yeah
  • Dada
  • Momma
  • He shakes his head no and rolls his eyes while he is doing it :)
We as his parents feel so blessed to have our little monkey in our lives! He has been so much fun and has taught us how to love more than I ever thought I could!

PS We are having his party on Saturday so I will post cake smashing pictures that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment