Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Owen is 3 and a half!

Can you believe it! Owen is 3 and a half!

Since my last post about Owen when he turned 3 here is what has changed!

He started preschool at The little "Gray" Elephant preschool and he absolutely LOVES it!
Owen is such a talker! He talks a lot and about EVERYTHING!
He likes the show cake boss and I let him decorate his cake all by himself!
Right now he is way into the Disney Princesses especially Ariel. He hangs out with too many girls! But seriously it is pretty cute that he knows all about the princesses and that he is the prince! He wanted to be prince charming for Halloween but he had already chosen Mickey Mouse and we had purchased it a while ago so he was stuck with being Mickey but he was happy in the end because is Best Friend/Cousin Ashley was Minnie Mouse and he got to go trick-or-treating with her :)

Right now his big thing is that he needs to do his "homework" all the time.
I think he spends probably and hour or two a day doing his homework   :)
(!0 minutes here and 20 minutes there and 5 minutes.. you get the idea)

He now says his bedtime prayers all by himself and this is how tonights went...

"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day, Thank you for Disneyland, Thank you for my family, Thank you for helping me say good things, help me to not yell, bless me to sleep good and please bless that our family will be happy, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

I love hearing his prayers and it always makes me smile and even giggle sometimes :)

Owen is pretty good with his manners when it comes to please and thank yous!
 Lately he has taken to yelling at inanimate objects and while funny I am not sure what to do about it but since I am writing this to show his personality and since I know if you read a few examples of his yelling it will make you literally laugh out loud here are a few...

He stepped on a Rapunzel figurine that he had left on the floor and this is what came out of his mouth "Punzel! That was MEAN! DON'T be mean to me and make me step on you! You are going to time out right now and you have to stay there until my Mommy's phone quacks!"

He was sitting on the toliet trying to do his business and his shirt was falling down and here is what I heard
"Shirt! STOP FALLING DOWN! I told you not to do that! You are in big trouble shirt!"

and here is the last one for this post...
He was building a lego tower and it fell over and here is what he said 
 "LEGOS! You need to listen to me! I said stay in the tower that I built! I mean it! I will stop playing with you if you don't listen!"

hahahaha I know I should be worried and I do try to explain to him that the things are not alive and can't listen and that he has control over the objects but it just goes over his head.

Owen is also getting into a lot of pretend play now...
Just 3 days ago he had these two plastic animals in the car he was playing with and one was a lion and one was a pig and here is his conversation...
(Making a lower pitched voice for the lion who was facing the pig and said) "ROAR!!! I am a scary lion pig but I like you and want to know how you are doing today?"
(Then in a high pitched voice for the pig he said) "OINK, OINK! I'm not scared of you lion you are a nice lion and I am doing awesome today! How are you?"
(Back to the lion voice) "I am so so good and I am proud of you pig for going poop in the potty and not in you pants!"
(in the pig voice)"Thank you lion, I am proud of me too!" 

Hahahahahahah
This kid seriously cracks me up!


Owen says that his favorite color is pink 
his best friend is Ashley
His other friend is Angela
His best cousin is Ashley
His favorite food is Marshmallows 
He loves to play at Jenna's house

 June~
Zoo with Dad!

July~
First time camping!

 August~
Zoo with Ashley

 September~
Cake boss time!


September~
First day of preschool
  
October~
Trick or treating with Ashley


November 3 1/2 years old today!


We love you so much Owen!
I am so in love with my little man and he brings so much joy to our home!
We for sure have our days when we both struggle with each other but I wouldn't trade him for the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment