Monday, December 22, 2014

Livvy's 1st ER visit

The day of Thanksgiving Livvy was acting a little off...
She didn't eat anything (Which isn't super abnormal) but she
also wouldn't drink much and she had diarrhea :(

The next day I had plans with Kohleen and Suzie to get a pedicure, go to lunch and go see Mocking Jay so I was gone most of the day.

Trent text me half way through our day to tell
me that Livvy had a fever and refused to even take a sip of any kind
of liquid and that she had been sleeping on and off all day.

When I got home I saw that she wasn't doing too great but I made Trent
go have some time to do what he wanted to do,
thinking I would just hangout at home
and get Livvy to drink something.

About a half hour after Trent left I was holding
Livvy and she was acting really weird and was delusional,
she kept saying she wanted her Mommy and I kept telling her
I was right here and holding her.
It just wasn't registering that it was me holding her. I decided it was
time to take her to instacare but since Trent was
unreachable I called Jenna and she willingly
came and got Owen and Kynslie and took
them to her house for a sleep over so I could take care of Livvy.
We are so blessed to have Jenna near!

The Doctor at the instacare said that Livvy was moderately
dehydrated and he wanted me to take her to
the ER to get some fluids, so off to the ER we went.

I took a few extra minutes and stopped by the temple to leave
a note on Trents car telling him where we were and what
was going on. (He had forgotten his phone.)

After we were all checked into the ER and back in a treatment room,
Trent showed up! I was so glad to see him!
The Doctor came in literally 2 minutes after Trent got there and assessed
Livvy and said that she was on the border of severely dehydrated
and most doctors would just put an IV line in but he wanted to try Zofran
first and just see if that would help make it so she would drink something.

Livvy took the Zofran but still refused to drink anything...
Just when we had given up hope and they were going to go
get stuff for an IV, we told Livvy if she didn't drink she would
get a big poke but if she would drink then no pokes for her.
She decided to drink a whole glass of water and she kept it down!

We stayed for about 30 more minutes to make sure she kept down the water and then they sent us home with Zofran.




By the next day Livvy was doing SOOOOO much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment