Sunday, May 22, 2016

My trip to Utah

In early February my Grandma gave
everyone a huge scare!
Very early Monday morning Grandma was up and
sitting on the couch in a state of confusion and my
mom was up getting ready for work. When my Mom
saw Grandma she went and checked on her and
Grandmas heart was racing, she was confused and her
blood pressure was really low.
My Mom and Dad took her to the ER and it was
determined that she had a septic infection. They admitted her
to the hospital and the doctors told my Mom to call
everyone and have them come say goodbye to Grandma.
The Doctors were convinced she was going to die
within hours, so I hopped on a plane early Tuesday morning in
the hopes I would make it to Utah in time to say goodbye.




I got there and she was improving but still very sick.
It was nothing short of a miracle that she lived!
I mean seriously, what 100 year old lives through a septic infection?
My grandma that's who! :)
She continued to improve and I was able to visit with
her all week! I am so grateful I had the opportunity to
visit with her!

While I was there I was able to meet 
Kohleens new baby Miles!


I also was able to attend the Provo city center
Temple open house with Kohleen and Miles!




I also was able to visit with other family
and hold sweet Donavin again!



I also took an impromptu Day trip to Pocatello, ID with
Dawn and Jenna to meet my newest niece Heather!



It was such a great trip to Utah and
I am so glad I got to visit and have fun instead
of attending my Grandma's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment