Friday, March 17, 2017

Grandma's Funeral

The night before her funeral my Mom, Me, Suzie, Tausha
 and my friend Kohleen worked on Grandma's display and
I think it turned out prefect!











Her service was beautiful and touching.

She was buried in Price Utah and here are some
pictures of her casket that tell her life story on the outside.











On the way to Price I rode with
My Mom, Dad and David. While we were
telling stories about Grandma I suddenly remembered a 
very special one, I turned to my Mom and with tears
in my eyes asked my mom if she had a nickle I could have.
My Mom immediately knew why I wanted one and she
started crying too.
 
Once we got to the graveside my Mom asked me if
I would tell the story to everyone and so I did and I will tell it to you here too.


When My Grandma's Mom, Della was buried my Grandma was five 
years old. Back then they actually lowed the casket and threw
dirt on top. My Grandma being a little five year old was crying her
little heart out and begging them to let her Mommy out  of that box!
Grandma's Aunt handed her a nickle to try and bribe her to quit crying.
Instead she threw the nickle in her mother's grave. She told me this 
story countless times and she always ended her story with 
teary eyes and saying that it brought her comfort, even all these years 
later knowing her Mother had her nickle.

Knowing my nickel is with my Grandma has now brought me some comfort.
We had passed out nickels to everyone there and they all
placed them on her casket after I told the story.
 



 After the services
my Mom and I made sure we slid all the nickels off and into her
actual grave to make sure they got buried with her.



Grandma, I will miss you for the rest of my life and
try to love people they way you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment