Thursday, March 16, 2017

Love you Grandma!

On Tuesday January 3, 2017 this world lost
one of the most amazing women that I have ever known!
My Grandma, Julia Golding.
I shared a bedroom with her for about 10 years and most of 
my childhood memories include her.
Grandma made you feel like you were her favorite person 
and as a child she was never too busy to play games or talk to you.









A few of my favorite memories of her are...
Playing house in her trailer.
 Falling asleep to her telling me all her stories from her
own childhood and adult life.
Her teaching me what ranch exits are really for! Bwhahahaha
Grandma finger curling my hair and telling me that I was
her Shirley Temple and then watching Shirley Temple movies with me.
Taking me on all  sorts of adventures in her station wagon.
 And there are so many more...

What can I say that would even do her memory justice?
I miss her everyday, but I know she lived a great and long life
 (She was 101 when she died) and was loved by so many.

I love you Grams and I promise to tell all your stories to my children
to make sure you live on in through me and my kids!

1 comment:

  1. I met her as a missionary. Sister Gooding who we called Goldy. She was a real treat and yes she made me feel so special and loved. She even gave me permission to cry for the first time in my life ay 27. What a special lady. We waited once for a bus to go to church for over an hour with my daughter in her pushchair. When the bus came we were looking the other way and it went on by. She always spoke about her family that she so totally totally loved especially the ones who may not have loved themselves enough. She talked about Nephi and Lehi and I let her ramble. She loved those stories whilst I wasn't so keen and now I am married in the Temple to a wonderful man. Many of her stories and moments we shared still come to mind often and I remember her with such amazing love. All those souls in Heaven where she'll be can now rejoice with her whilst they prepare the way for all of us to have that spectacular reunion. Thank you for sharing your amazing grandmother xx

    ReplyDelete