Sunday, March 19, 2017

Welcome Lewis Adam!

Here Lewis' birth story!

Thursday February 16th, I went to our wards 
craft night to make a cute craft!
While I was there I talked with a couple ladies about
my pregnancy and they asked about me ever going into labor.
I assured them that I had only kind of gone into labor with 
Livvy 2 days past her due date, but I had never progressed past 4cm before
my labor stalled and Livvy started showing signs of distress 
and needed to be born c section.
So with a ton of confidence I stated that I didn't need
to worry about my water ever breaking or me going into labor.

After I got home from craft night I took 2 unisom because I
had been sleeping so badly and went to bed.

Around 12:45am I woke up feeling like I was leaking blood or pee,
 I jumped out of bed and a gush of fluid came out.
In my groggy unisom ridden brain I thought I had peed my pants!
I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and vowed
to never tell Trent what happened.
I groggily thought that it possibly could be my water that had
broken and figured if it was that then contractions would
start and I'd know. About an hour later, 1:45ish am I woke up to more
fluid coming out and again I jumped and turned on my lamp and then
a HUGE gush of water came out and I told Trent my water had broken.

I was so worried about Lewis coming almost 4 weeks early that 
I was kind of panicking, we didn't have a back up plan and it
was now 2 am in the morning. I told Trent to call the hospital
and let them know my water broke but wasn't having contractions
and to see what they wanted us to do. The hospital said I needed to come 
in ASAP because I was on my fourth C section and they didn't
want me going into labor. I racked my brain for who we could call to come
and sit with our other kids and Denise was the first one that came to my mind.
I was praying she had her ringer on and would be willing to come over.
As soon as she answered and I told her what was happening she offered to come
over before I could even ask. I am so grateful for Denise! 
Denise got here around 2:30am and Trent out a few towels on the passenger
seat because I was still leaking a lot of fluid and we took off for the hospital!
Once we arrived at the hospital we had to enter through the ER.
Labor and Delivery had already warned them that I was coming.
The ER took down my information, called Labor and Delivery and within
a few minutes there was a nurse there to take me upstairs.
The nurse tested with the paper to see if in fact my water had broken and
apparently the strip wasn't blue enough for them so they asked the Doctor on call
what she wanted them to do and the Doctor ordered an ultrasound.
About 30 minutes later they came to get me ready to go down to 
ultrasound and in the process I gushed a whole bunch more water...
The nursed pulled out more paper and it turned bright blue so fast, but they
said since the ultrasound was already ordered they were just going to
send me down anyway.  Once in the ultrasound room it was confirmed that
my water was in fact super low and was leaking. (SHOCKER!)

After I was back upstairs and hooked up to monitors and the had checked
with the Doctor to see what she wanted to do, we were told that
I was now scheduled for a c section at 7:30am. (It was about 5:45am by this time)
I asked the nurse if she would ask the on call Doctor if my OB would
come in and preform the c section. Thankfully Dr. Lewis wanted to come do
the surgery and I was able to have my Doctor Deliver Lewis!

At 7:30am I was taken back to the OR and prepped for surgery. 
I was also given a clear surgical drape so I could watch them pull out Lewis!
After Trent was let into the OR it was only like 5 minutes until
Lewis was born and he came out screaming! I was so relieved that
he was ok and breathing on his own that I cried with relief!

Presenting Lewis Adam Smith
Born at 8:06am
Weighing 5 Lbs 14 Ozs
18.5 inches long
and a little blonde hair!
















 After about 15 minutes with
us in the OR, they took Lewis to the
nursery to watch him because he was retracting a little.
Trent went with Lewis they came back to 
my recovery room within like 30 minutes.
Lewis nursed like a champ and when it was time for me to
go to my mother/baby room the nurse wanted Lewis
back in the nursery for a little while longer to observe his
breathing and clean him up some more.















Oh what an adventure getting Lewis here was!
Welcome to the world little Lewis!
We love you lots and lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment